Shop

Gift Certificates Available
Please call the Winery
(209) 245-6282

Temperature Notice

We cannot ship wine when temperatures are above 85 degrees. If you are placing an order and need your wine shipped during the summer heat, we do offer a temperature control option for $9. Please contact us directly,
209-245-6282 ext 301 to place your order.

2015 "Z" Zinfandel, Massoni Ranch, Amador County | Item No. 15ZIFC
2015 "Z" Zinfandel, Massoni Ranch, Amador County | Item No. 15ZIFC2015 "Z" Zinfandel, Massoni Ranch, Amador County | Item No. 15ZIFC

2015 "Z" Zinfandel, Massoni Ranch, Amador County
Item No. 15ZIFC | In Stock - Ships in 3-5 Business Days

0 reviews & ratings
price $25.00
club price $21.25

You can Save 10% on this wine when you purchase 12 bottles!

Save even more when you Join the Wine Club!

Details

Comments

Have a Question?

Best of Class - 2017 Pacific Rim International Wine Competition

Double Gold - 2017 Calaveras County Fair Wine Competition

2015 “Z” Zinfandel,

Massoni Ranch, Amador County

I remember the day I first envisioned this wine as if it was just yesterday. I was in a marketing class at Santa Clara University’s Leavy School of business. We were discussing new products and we were reminded that most ‘new’ products are just improvements of existing products. I was day dreaming about launching my own venture into the wine business and I was thinking; Zinfandel. At the time, Zinfandel was a prime target for complaints centered on the perceived excesses in California wines. Too much flavor, too much alcohol, too much extract, too much tannin. At the time, I was making wine for the J. Lohr Winery and realized that most of the issues with Zinfandel were challenges I thought I could manage.

The 2015 vintage of the “Z” Zinfandel marks the 20th vintage. April 1st, 2017, we bottled the very first “Z” Zinfandel. A lot has happened since then. We are proud that all our hard work has paid off with so many more varietals being produced. It all started with the “Z” though, and we hope you enjoy this vintage as much as we are.

I often refer to this wine as my ‘Pinot Noir’ of Zinfandels because of its soft supple almost silky texture. And the “Z” has a fruit forward style with depth and intensity, but without coarse drying extract that has come to be the hallmark of the Runquist wines.

The 2015 wine has a purple color of moderate depth with bright garnet hues. Strawberry, raspberry, currants and dark cherry scents provide the wine with a lively bright aroma. In recent vintages, we have reduced the influence of the barrel by including some neutral cooperage, and the resulting bouquet is one of toast and hazelnut that frames the Zinfandel fruit. The flavors are juicy and succulent, and feature red currants, dark raspberries and toasted oak. This wine has a full satisfyingly mouth feel with mature, fully integrated tannins that enhance a soft luscious finish. While this is my favorite wine to accompany lamb dishes, it pairs well with Mediterranean cuisine and pasta, especially dishes with a tomato based sauce.

Varietal Composition: 85% Zinfandel, 15% Petite Sirah
14.7% Alc., 7.7g/L TA, 3.38 pH

Oak Regime: 37% American Oak, 44% French Oak, 19% Neutral Oak

Released: April 1, 2017

Add a Review

Comments & Ratings

Be the First to Rate this Item.
Write a Review

Have a Question?

Fill out the form below to have one of our associates contact you with answers to your questions about this item.

Name:
Phone Number:
Email:
Your privacy is important to us. We do NOT share your information.
See our Privacy Policy for details.

Suggested Items

There are No Suggested Items at this time.
Close
Just Added:

Price:
Reg. Price: $25.00
Quantity:
Total:
items in cart
Cart Total: