Shop

Gift Certificates Available
Please call the Winery
(209) 245-6282

Temperature Notice

We cannot ship wine when temperatures are above 85 degrees. If you are placing an order and need your wine shipped during the summer heat, we do offer a temperature control option for $9. Please contact us directly,
209-245-6282 ext 301 to place your order.

2015 Barbera, Amador County | Item No. 15BAAC
2015 Barbera, Amador County | Item No. 15BAAC2015 Barbera, Amador County | Item No. 15BAAC2015 Barbera, Amador County | Item No. 15BAAC

2015 Barbera, Amador County
Item No. 15BAAC | In Stock - Ships in 3-5 Business Days

0 reviews & ratings
price $25.00
club price $21.25

You can Save 10% on this wine when you purchase 12 bottles!

Save even more when you Join the Wine Club!

Details

Comments

Have a Question?

Double Gold - 2017 Calaveras County Fair Wine Competition

Gold - 2017 Dan Berger's International Wine Competition

Silver - 2017 Pacific Rim International Wine Competition

Silver - 2017 California State Fair

2015 BARBERA
Amador County

I can’t spend much time in our tasting room before someone asks me “What is your favorite wine?”  I am pretty evasive with my answer because it really depends upon what I am enjoying it with, food, friends or the just the weather.  A less frequent query is, “What is your favorite wine to make?”  Here the answer is simple; Barbera.  Barbera has great flavor; it is juicy and succulent, the tannins are mild and it is incredibly versatile.  But what makes it my favorite to make is that, it is easy to manage, it ripens evenly, behaves well in the cellar, requires little to no interference on my part, and makes the best red wine in Amador County.

The 2015 Amador Barbera has a ruby purple color of a moderate depth. The aroma centers on raspberry, cherry and currant, along with a perfumed note of violets and lavender.  The aromas are framed with notes of vanilla, nutmeg, and hazelnut.  This combination generates a gravitational pull that is hard to resist.  Barbera is known for its brightness due to a little extra acid in the grapes similar to a Pippin or Granny Smith apple.  This often makes for a zesty, tangy, sometimes zippy flavor.  However, our 2105 Barbera has a savory succulence and a rich viscosity not normally associated with Barbera.  The red fruit flavors are delivered by a wine with a creamy, smooth, and round texture that transitions seamlessly to an elegant finish with notes of mocha, caramel, and gently toasted oak.

This is an easy drinking red wine that pairs well with Mediterranean cuisine. One of my favorite meals features Margie’s braised lamb shanks accompanied by a bottle (or two) of “R” Barbera. 

Varietal Composition:  100% Barbera           
14.5% Alc.          0.76 g/100ml TA            3.36 pH
Oak Regime:       48% American Oak      41% French Oak      11% Neutral Oak

Released: March 1, 2016                  
Cases Produced: 1,275              
Suggested Retail Price:  $25

Add a Review

Comments & Ratings

Be the First to Rate this Item.
Write a Review

Have a Question?

Fill out the form below to have one of our associates contact you with answers to your questions about this item.

Name:
Phone Number:
Email:
Your privacy is important to us. We do NOT share your information.
See our Privacy Policy for details.

Suggested Items

There are No Suggested Items at this time.
Close
Just Added:

Price:
Reg. Price: $25.00
Quantity:
Total:
items in cart
Cart Total: