Shop

Gift Certificates Available
Please call the Winery
(209) 245-6282

Temperature Notice

We cannot ship wine when temperatures are above 85 degrees. If you are placing an order and need your wine shipped during the summer heat, we do offer a temperature control option for $9. Please contact us directly,
209-245-6282 ext 301 to place your order.

2015 Barbera, Cooper Vineyards, Amador County | Item No. 15BADC

2015 Barbera, Cooper Vineyards, Amador County
Item No. 15BADC | In Stock - Ships in 3-5 Business Days

0 reviews & ratings
price $30.00
club price $25.50

You can Save 10% on this wine when you purchase 12 bottles!

Save even more when you Join the Wine Club!

Details

Comments

Have a Question?

2015 BARBERA
Dick Cooper Vineyards, Amador County

The 2015 Cooper Barbera has a deep purple color with hues that have a carmine edge to them.  The typical red raspberry, currant and cherry aromas are deeper and more concentrated and have become black raspberry, dark cherry and plum.  The bouquet of hazelnut, almond paste, and toast frames the deeper fruits well.  This is a rich velvety wine and the bright juicy nature has become more succulent and savory.  There are loads of ripe red fruits on the palate, and with soft mature tannins adding richness and texture, this wine flows seamlessly to a finish of mocha, raspberry and roasted oak.  Margie and I have been ‘test driving’ this wine since it was bottled in early November, and really like what we taste.  This holiday season, the 2015 Cooper Barbera was the perfect accompaniment to our Christmas Cioppino.  

I can’t help out in the tasting room for more than an hour before someone asks me, “What’s your favorite wine?” My response often comes as a bit of a disappointment when I reply, “What am I eating?”  But what I can truthfully say is that of all our wines, I drink more Barbera than anything else.  It is such a versatile variety and compliments so many styles of cuisine that I find myself reaching for it with great frequency and confidence.

2015 is an exceptional year for Barbera.  I am not a “vintage of the decade’ kind of guy where every year is ‘spectacular’; an insincere effort to hype the current release.  So when I praise a vintage, I truly see it as special.  Across the board and from all three vineyard sources, the 2015 Barbera has more color and substance than normal.  The delightful aspect of this is that it is has been achieved without abandoning the varietal character that is Barbera; bright red fruits and juicy succulent flavors.  As usual the Cooper Barbera has just a bit more oomph (technical term) to it, but the Amador County edition is right on its heels.  When it comes to Barbera, you are going to be delighted with the 2015 vintage.   

Varietal Composition:  100% Barbera        
15.1% Alc.           0.71 g/100ml TA           3.42 pH
Oak Regime:    51% American Oak    34% French Oak    15% Neutral Oak

Released: January 1, 2017                   
Cases Produced: 810              
Suggested Retail Price:  $30

Add a Review

Comments & Ratings

Be the First to Rate this Item.
Write a Review

Have a Question?

Fill out the form below to have one of our associates contact you with answers to your questions about this item.

Name:
Phone Number:
Email:
Your privacy is important to us. We do NOT share your information.
See our Privacy Policy for details.

Suggested Items

There are No Suggested Items at this time.
Close
Just Added:

Price:
Reg. Price: $30.00
Quantity:
Total:
items in cart
Cart Total: