Shop

Gift Certificates Available
Please call the Winery
(209) 245-6282

Temperature Notice

We cannot ship wine when temperatures are above 85 degrees. If you are placing an order and need your wine shipped during the summer heat, we do offer a temperature control option for $9. Please contact us directly,
209-245-6282 ext 301 to place your order.

2016 Muscat Canelli, River Junction | Item No. 16MCRJ

2016 Muscat Canelli, River Junction
Item No. 16MCRJ | In Stock - Ships in 3-5 Business Days

1 reviews & ratings
price $18.50
club price $15.73

You can Save 10% on this wine when you purchase 12 bottles!

Save even more when you Join the Wine Club!

Details

Comments

Have a Question?

Gold - Dan Berger's 2017 International Wine Competition

Gold - 2017 Pacific Rim International Wine Competition

Muscat Canelli holds a special place in my heart.  Muscat was one of the first wines I truly enjoyed.  It was sweet and refreshing and very appealing.  Muscat Canelli and Asti Spumante became wines I used to celebrate special occasions and therefore they are always associated with happiness and joy. 

In 2010 I had the opportunity to work with Muscat Canelli grapes from the River Junction Appellation and attempt to recreate this part of my past.  After revisiting the market and tasting through dozens of Muscat based wines I selected my favorites.  Next, I analyzed the wines and determined their basic chemistry.  Once I knew their composition it was a simple exercise in reverse engineering to determine the harvest parameters.  The key I discovered was to keep the alcohol content low.  In my survey of the market it became clear that the bright refreshing nature I so loved was expressed more clearly in the wines with low alcohol levels.  So after harvesting the grapes and initiating the fermentation we filtered out the yeast once the wine had acquired just five and a half percent alcohol.  After halting the fermentation we were very gentle with the wine with the objective of preserving as much of the natural carbonation.   

Add a Review

Comments & Ratings

By Mary
3/27/2017
I was given a bottle as a gift and I must say it was truly fabulous. I love sweet wine and this is one I will choose again and again!

Have a Question?

Fill out the form below to have one of our associates contact you with answers to your questions about this item.

Name:
Phone Number:
Email:
Your privacy is important to us. We do NOT share your information.
See our Privacy Policy for details.

Suggested Items

There are No Suggested Items at this time.
Close
Just Added:

Price:
Reg. Price: $18.50
Quantity:
Total:
items in cart
Cart Total: