Winery and Tasting Room
10776 Shenandoah Road
Plymouth, CA 95669
Open Friday through Monday 11-5
Limos and large groups by appointment only.
- Travel east on the Jackson Highway (Highway 16) to Highway 49.
- Travel North on Highway 49 into the town of Plymouth.
- Turn right onto Shenandoah Road.
- Approximately one half mile outside of Plymouth, Shenandoah Road makes a sweeping left. Do not travel straight towards Fiddletown, but rather bear left and remain on Shenandoah Road.
- Continue another two and a half miles to the tasting room on your right just past a sign that depicts our label.
Jeff Runquist Wines is a small producer of single vineyard designated red table wines from throughout California. The winery and tasting room are located in the heart of the Sierra Foothills, in Amador County's Shenandoah Valley. After eighteen years of producing wines for others, Jeff Runquist launched his own label with the 1995 vintage of the "Z" Zinfandel from the Massoni Ranch in Amador County's Shenandoah Valley.
In the fall of 2006, Jeff purchased a five acre parcel in Amador County's Shenandoah Valley. There, he constructed a small winery and tasting room that opened in May of 2008. In the spring of 2010, a larger production-oriented facility was erected adjacent to the tasting room, and a second facility was completed in 2013. They are now able to crush the entire vintage on site.
All of Jeff's wines share a similar theme of fresh fruit reflective of the varietal flavors inherent in the grapes. Jeff believes that like pitching is to baseball, grape growing is to wine-making; the team will go only as far as the grapes will take them.
Jeff has selected his grapes from vineyards that provide rich, full flavors without loads of astringent tannins. "We work very hard to produce balanced wines. Wines that will age and become more complex with time, but wines that can be enjoyed in their youth as well."